G.L Murphy’s Machinery menston Ltd. was an industrial parts
manufacturer established in 1930. They were based in this mill, named Imperial
Works, on the rural outskirts of Menston in West Yorkshire. The company made
tools, belt driven machinery, transmissions and electrical equipment,
specialising in items for tanners and leather manufacturers in addition to glue
and gelatine plants. They produced batch runs of specialist components and
carried out renovation work on various machine parts.